Enhance skating power, speed and agility while performing skills used in the game of hockey. Sessions will focus on skating technique, foot speed, edge control and transitions. Sessions will include power skating and stick handling and will be geared to skater/group skill level.
Our certified and trained instructors offer years of experience and knowledge from our varied backgrounds and fields of expertise. We are proud to offer competitive programs in group atmosphere camps or in a private session setting.
Owner/Head Instructor: Trisha Feil-Johnson ( Swift Current, Sk.)
- Certified Skating Instructor to Hockey Players and Figure Skaters – 23 years
- Figure Skating- NCCP Level 3 Technical and Theory
- Skating Instructor to current NHL Players
- Power Skating Instructor to all levels of Hockey Players Initiation- Pro level
- Power Skating Instructor Bronco Hockey School-16 years
- Strength & Conditioning Coach Swift Current Midget AAA Legionnaires (2016-2019)
- Strength & Conditioning Coach Swift Current Bantam AA Broncos (2018-2019) & 2020 Midget Provincial Team
- Strength & Conditioning Coach Atom- WHL level
- Certified Canadian Red Cross First Aid
- Respect in Sport, Making Ethical Decisions
- Swift Current Safe Places- Youth Certified
October 19/20-Updated Information for all Camps
NEW!!!- Fall Camp 2020 will begin Friday August 28 instead of Tuesday September 8 due to only 1 ice surface being available for the month of September
It is mandatory that all participants/parents abide by the following for each day of camp. If “Yes” to any of the questions below, please do not enter facility or attend any TJ Power Fit Sessions.
- Participants must be feeling well and show no signs or symptoms of illness/COVID- 19 such as fever, dry cough, sore throat, difficulty breathing or shortness of breath (please see list of symptoms available @www.saskatchewan.ca- 2019- novel-coronavirus).
- You or anyone in your household has not travelled out of the province in the last 14 days.
- You or anyone in your household has not had contact with any persons who may have been in contact with COVID-19, or someone who is begin investigated or confirmed to be a case of COVID – 19
Daily Protocol for Facility usage will be included in a separate document with your confirmation letters. Please read carefully.
Please note due to restrictions and protocol for facilities, parents will not be allowed in the Facility during TJ Power Fit programs.
Enter the facility with your equipment on. If you need to tie skates, please do so outside or at home. Older students (if you can tie your own skates) will be allowed to put on their skates in the arena if needed
We are doing our very best to keep everyone in a safe and healthy environment.
POWER SKATING & HOCKEY SKILLS CAMP – SUMMER 2020
August 10- August 14, 2020 Novice – Midget & Junior, Boys & Girls Combined
Summer Camp Completed for 2020.
August Ice 2020 (On Ice Conditioning & Skills August 17-September 2)
* August Conditioning & Skills Camp Registration is Full. Hope to see you next year
*August Camp Completed for 2020
2nd Year Initiation & Novice (this is not a learn to skate, all initiation participants must have a year of hockey)
Ice Dates- August 17- September 2. Schedule sent with confirmation
Limited number of group ice times will be offered
Participants will be grouped according to skill level and age
Group #1 2nd Year Initiation & Novice
Group #2 Atom& PeeWee
Group #3 Bantam & Midget
POWER SKATING & HOCKEY SKILLS CAMP – Fall 2020
August 28 – October 9, 2020 Initiation – Bantam, Boys & Girls Combined
Registration is full for all groups. Please contact to be added to the waiting list (August 21/20)
Fall Camp Completed for 2020
Winter Programs 2020-2021
Winter Camp November 16 , 2020- March 22, 2021
Ice- Monday’s 4-5pm Iplex
2nd year Initiation (U7) – Bantam (U15) Level- groups will be divided according to skill level and age and will alternated weeks for sessions. All groups will received 8- 1hr ice times.
Registration is Full
Please email for additional information and to register @ email@example.com
Technique Mini Camp October- November
Small group session working only on skating skill technique (stride, lateral skills, etc)
U9 (Novice)- U18 (Midget)
Saturday October 17- Saturday November 14
11:00am- 12:00pm IPlex -sessions will only run 30mins- 2 groups, max 10-12 skaters/group
Registration is Full
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to register